KS5 Examination Results 2021
As young people across the country receive their A-Level grades, pupils at Weston Favell Academy, located on Booth Lane South and sponsored by Greenwood Academies Trust, are celebrating as they achieve a brilliant set of results.
Despite the disruptions to classroom learning caused by the pandemic, the Academy’s quick adaption to home learning and hard work from pupils has ensured a fantastic year of results. Pupils are now excited to progress onto their next steps, including universities, apprenticeships and employment.
Some individual successes include:
• Abdelrahman Osman (Head Prefect): A* in biology, A* in psychology, A* in Arabic and an A in chemistry. Abdelrahman will be studying medicine in Bulgaria.
• Ashton White: A* in biology, A* in psychology and A* in drama. Ashton he will be studying psychology at Nottingham University.
• Bobby Joynes (Head Boy): A* in photography, Distinction* in creative digital media and A in drama. Bobby will be studying theatre and film at the University of Bristol.
• Olivia Reeves: Double Distinction* in sport and A in criminology and finance. Olivia will be studying podiatry at Cardiff Metropolitan University.
• Jessica Crozier-Moore: A in psychology, A in law and Distinction* in health and social care. Jessica will be studying midwifery at University of Northampton.
• Jaya Kaintura: A in economics, A in law, A in sociology and A in EPQ. Jaya will be studying law at Birmingham University.
This year, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Government decided that pupils’ grades would be based on work they had produced throughout their course and final grades would be moderated and assessed by external exam boards.
“We are thrilled for our pupils as they receive their well-earned A-Level results. While they have faced many challenges over the last two years due to the pandemic, they have remained committed to their studies and continued to make progress. Today is a result of all that hard work and it is amazing to see their perseverance rewarded. “We are now excited to see them take their next steps into higher education, employment or apprenticeships and look forward to watching them achieve their potential. “I would also like to take this opportunity to extend my thanks to everyone who has supported our pupils and the Academy during these unprecedented times, it has been hugely appreciated.” - Todd Johnson, Principal